Dental implants are used to build a foundation for new, synthetic teeth. They act as the root for the new tooth and are used when a tooth is absent. Teeth often need to be replaced after an injury or illness, and Crestwood Dental Group offers the best dental implants in the area.
There is really no age restriction for patients needing dental implants. To be a good candidate to receive the implant, we ask our La Grange, KY dentist patients to:
- Commit to a good oral hygiene routine
- Keep gums healthy
- Continue with regular dental exams
For a successful procedure we also find importance in having strong bones and good health. Bone health is necessary so that the implant will take hold. Overall health is important so we know you are able to undergo the oral surgery procedure. The following factors may hinder the surgery:
- Chronic health problems
- Recent head or neck radiation therapy
Why are dental implants for me?
A wide variety of advantages exist when it comes to dental implants. If you need a tooth replaced, consider the benefits dental implants from our La Grange, KY dentist have to offer:
- Comfort – implants are placed individual, mimicking your natural teeth. They can be much more comfortable than bridgework or dentures.
- Fit – The single post placement makes the synthetic teeth fit more naturally in your mouth.
- Appearance – Implants feel like your regular teeth and blend in with your smile more naturally.
- Eating and speech – implants won’t move or slip when speaking or eating so you’ll never have to worry about embarrassing situations.
- Healthy smiles – An implant does not rely on neighboring teeth. The makeup of an implant allows you to retain your existing teeth.